A Closer Look into Value of Planning in Managing Security for High Profile Events
Arranging security for high profile events can be a complex task and is certainly not possible without proper planning. Thus, security agencies take every detail into consideration and a comprehensive plan is developed to ensure security lapses do not occur at the time of such high profile events.
So, let us explore few of the important aspects that security firms look into while plans are developed for making events more secure.
Event Security and Important Aspects Looked into by Security Firms
Carry Out Pre Event Analysis
Let us go through the details that are looked into in this initial stage to ensure there is proper security for high profile events.
- Security firms develop a security committee that comprises of people from facility management department, risk management personnel, safety staff and support personnel.
- After that, a security coordinator is fixed and his responsibility is to execute all the security plans.
- Next task that is looked into is the implementation of a security program and creation of a crowd control plan. In addition to it, planning is done for managing critical issues that may arise during the event such as bomb threats.
- During the pre-event planning process strategies are developed for meeting situations where evacuation may become necessary, such as a situation where bomb search is to be performed.
- Security experts also carry out assessments like an assessment for hazard vulnerability so that likely threats can be identified and proper steps can be taken for meeting those adverse situations.
- Security professionals also check social media platforms to know if any disturbance or protest has been planned to create disturbance during the event.
- A central office is created so that it can be used as a single point of communication for all safety and security activities that are carried out during the event.
Take Charge of Access Control
Access control is another critical task that security team takes care of. Few of the things that they look into as part of proper access control include the following.
- As part of security for high profile events, security personnel make sure that all visitors to the venue from a single entrance. This way it becomes easier to keep track of who is getting into event location.
- Emergency exit locations are kept clutter free so that people can quickly exit the venue if it becomes necessary to do so.
- Security experts also bring in equipment to screen visitors to ensure no one enters the venue with something that may well be used as a weapon.
- Last but not the least, steps are taken to secure parking facilities and proper parking arrangements are made to make sure emergency vehicles as well as people attending the event can easily leave the venue if they want to.
The Bottom Line
As we can see, managing security for high profile events can be a herculean task which cannot be accomplished without assistance of a security firm.